We are so happy to share with you our favourite skin, hair and beauty products. As discussed in our previous blog, we are exposed to an average of 515 synthetic chemicals everyday from our bathroom and beauty routine(1). Luckily, you can minimise this toxin exposure by choosing different products. The brands we would like to share with you are low or free of hidden toxins, so you can feel a little bit better about your bathroom routine. Make the swap to these safer alternative products when you can, as every little bit helps.
At Narayani Wellness, we are so passionate about healthy holistic skin care that we have made the switch to dermaviduals. Have you heard of it? dermaviduals follows corneotherapy principles by offering individually formulated products for your personal needs, using all natural ingredients and none of the nasty stuff. Their range covers face and body washes, moisturises, anti-aging products, personalised colour match foundation, eye liner and so much more! We now stock this amazing nourishing brand and offer holistic skin naturopathy consultations and delicious facials.
Read the label and know what you are buying.
- The Chemical Maze by Bill Statham is a brilliant guide to help decipher the numbers and names on your product's ingredient list. This way you know what you are buying and their effect on your health.
- All of your hair needs are covered with the stunning brand Organika, the affordable and readily available Biologika and the biodynamic products from Weleda. For your precious babies the products from Little Innoscents are Australian Certified Organic.
- Hand and body wash go-to's are once again Biologika, a reliable oldie but goodie is Dr Bronners, or the luxurious range from Kora Organics by Miranda Kerr.
- Kids will want to brush their teeth with the delicious berry flavours from Jack N' Jill. As an adult, and if berry isn't your thing, then Victorian brand Riddells Creek, Red Seal and Grants of Australia are great!
- To have a relaxing bath and reap the benefits after the tub, we love adding magnesium/epsom salts from Power Bodycare EpZen or Blants.
Looking for soft, smooth skin?
- For sunscreen that offers protection without the unnecessary chemicals we like Wotnot, Soléo Organics and of course dermaviduals.
- We love the certified organic body lotions and moisturisers from Vanessa Megan and Mukti. They use luxurious and nourishing ingredients to help hydrate your skin.
- If you want your skin to have a beautiful natural looking golden glow, especially as we come into the warmer months, we love EcoTan.
- For babies, Wotnot have an affordable range and Weleda does a beautiful cream for baby bums.
Make-up must haves.
- Zuii Organic and Inika are certified organic brands and Ere Perez is toxin free. These three brands have got all of your face and eye needs covered. We are talking foundations, bronzers, concealers, eyeshadows and mascara! Of course we have to mention dermaviduals as they colour match your foundation.
- After a brand that specialises in eye make-up? We love Eye of Horus Cosmetics as they offer the most amazing colours.
- Take care of those luscious lips with Hurraw lip balms. This brand has used organic ingredients to come up with range to suits your personal lip needs. Give your lips a pop of colour with Dusk by Adele and Dr Hauschka.
Smell great, ditch the perfume!
- Switch the toxic aerosol for deodorant by Lavera and Biologika or try a salt stick from Grants of Australia.
- Essential oil brands in place of perfumes can be sourced from Sacred Self, Perfect Potion or Mt Retour. These brands do single oils or wonderful blends, such as Relax by Mt Retour.
- For safer nail polish products look for ones that are "3-free" and "5-free"(2) - try Butter London, Zoya, Scotch Naturals and Kester Black.
We are so lucky to have some healthier options these days - what brands and products are your favourites? What new, ethical and chemical free alternatives can you tell us about?